All Sloan Employees:
As we discussed in the Town Hall this morning, the US Senate passed an act that provides additional assistance to employees impacted by COVID-19. The Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA) was enacted into law on March 18, 2020 in response to the COVID-19 national emergency. It provides emergency paid sick leave or expanded family and medical leave for specified reasons related to COVID-19. These provisions will apply April 1st, 2020 through December 31st, 2020.
Sloan Security Group is covered under the FFCRA act. Here is the information you will need to know as an employee:
- Sloan Security Group Infectious Disease Policy (PDF listed below)
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act (PDF listed below)
- After April 1st, if you have a FFCRA qualified reason please contact your supervisor or human resources
- Prior to April 1st you will still need to contact your supervisor or human resources and follow current company procedures for needed time off
- For more information about the FFCARA please visit the US Dept of Labor website or contact Human Resources at email@example.com for questions.
Confidentiality is rule number one in the workplace. Not only we are showing our customers, clients, and employees a level of common courtesy by protecting their data, you’re fulfilling your legal responsibility to prevent sensitive information from being leaked. I understand we’re going through times that are not normal, and everyone wants to care for each other, but we must remember that we must still follow the Americans with Disability Act guidelines. The Americans with Disability Act generally requires that employers keep applicants’ and employees’ medical information confidential.
So, this is a friendly reminder if anyone feeling sick you may tell your supervisor or HR and it is your supervisor’s responsibility to not share that information with anyone besides human resource department. If you have any questions, feel free to contact human resources or your direct supervisor.
Stay safe and have a good weekend,
Human Resources Team
Additionally, we wanted to include a reminder of our Telecommuting Policy (PDF listed below).